Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Going Home

This week has been a bit stressful for me: I have had more meetings at night than usual, I have had many things I need to accomplish before spring break starts next week, and I have had more commitments at my school on top of student teaching. Something that has been a driving force (especially this morning) is that I am going home on Thursday night. I am not a person who casually goes home on the weekend for various reasons, so school breaks are generally the only time I go home. I have not been home since the end of winter break and I am pretty excited to go home in a little more 24 hours.

Also, I think holidays are wonderful things and Easter is a great holiday. Christmas is my favorite holiday, but Easter is number two, and since I am in a list making mood, here are some of my top reasons to leave Easter:

1. Time with the family
2. Anticipation of spring and the start of nice weather (although maybe not this year)
3. Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs (try them at your own risk: they are addictive)
4. The beautiful yet heartbreaking readings at the Good Friday service

Although this spring break I have to apply for jobs, work on my senior comp (a test, oral presentations, and essay you have to pass in order to be a Spanish major), and plan for the rest of the year at my school, I can do that in my pajamas. I can do that without getting up at 5:20AM. I can do that and bake homemade goodies. I can do that and do laundry for free. I can do that and chat with my brother. I can do that while lounging in bed. The idea that I will be home makes the whole deal sweeter.

Some personal goals I have over break include (I told you I was in a list making mood today):

1. Go to Starbucks with my little brother (that is our bonding place)
2. Read at least 2 books
3. Bake some sort of Pinterest recipe.
4. Make a great bean dip for my family Easter party
5. Watch a movie with my family

After making that list, I am now even more excited to go home.

Well I am writing this during my planning period and I should probably grade some projects, so I'll finish here. What are some things you love about Easter/family time?

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know your thoughts!