Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snow Days and an Ode to Saturday Mornings

On Wednesday, I woke up to one of the best texts a gal can receive: snow day. I am starting to think that teachers enjoy snow days more than students do, but regardless snow days are beloved by all. This was my second snow day of the year, and since I will be graduating and leaving my student placement in May, I do not have to make up that day, so it was a no-strings-attached free day in the middle of the week. After I saw the text declaring the much needed snow day, I fell back into my bed and slept in. Although sitting on the couch and watching TV for the rest of the day sounded like fun, I ended up applying to the Madison school district, picking up my dry cleaning, tutoring a boy in Spanish, and grading papers. I got to spend the majority of the day in my pajamas, so it was a win. The snow day made the rest of my week pass quickly, and now it is Saturday morning. 
Lemon Poppy Seed Happiness

I think that Saturday mornings are my favorite day of the week. On Saturdays, I do not have to set my alarm for anything and when I wake up I watch a little bit of TV or read. This morning, I had a lemon poppy seed muffin (one of my favorites) and a glass of chocolate milk while reading The Day of the Triffids (You can find a summary of the book here - http://www.readinggroupguides.com /guides3/day_of_the_triffids1.asp). In regards to the rest of my morning, I am going to work out (It is almost warm enough for me to go for a run outside!) Later I will do some grading and apply for another job. 

Since this week is spring break at my school, my dorm is pretty empty. My spring break will be coming after Easter since I have to take my spring break with my school since I am student teaching. I look forward to being able to listen to my music in the mornings without fearing I will wake up my neighbors. I also get to be a big girl for a week and make my own meals since the dining hall will be closed. And like the list-addict I am, I made a list of groceries I need to buy and planned my meals for the week. I have also already made a list of what I need to do this weekend. I think I like making lists so much because when I am done I get to check the item off/cross it off and I just feel like I accomplished something.

In celebration of perfect Saturday mornings, here is my quote for this post: 
la vie est fait de petits bonheurs -life is made of little pleasures.

Celebrate your Saturday.

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know your thoughts!