Saturday, March 2, 2013

Being Content

Hi all; I'm J, M's sister. I wanted to write this post about happiness and being content with life. While I was at mass this evening, I felt a sudden peace and happiness. This is not to say that I am normally not pleased with my life, but I just felt peaceful. Upon further reflection, I think the happiness has derived from being productive today. I volunteered this morning, cleaned my room, helped plan a bridal shower for a friend, and ate brunch with some of my favorites. Not too bad for a Saturday afternoon. I am currently working the front desk, I have finished my grading, and I am uploading the Les Mis movie soundtrack onto my iTunes. I feel on top of the world, and I am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people.

So much happiness and so many smiles in my life right now. 

Something that has contributed to my happiness right now is the amount of hummus in the dining hall. Today, the dining hall had a savory red pepper hummus that I had on a sandwich of whole grains, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. It was delicious. (Cue drooling....Confession: I had that exact same sandwich for lunch and dinner. No shame.) Friday night I had pesto hummus. Two thumbs way up dining hall. If you have not had the joy of eating red pepper or pesto hummus, or just plain hummus for that matter, I would recommend it. (Here is a link to different kinds of hummus. I might consider eating beets in hummus form....maybe http://pamelasalzman.com/hummus-4-ways/).

That is all for me today, and I think that I am going to end almost all of my posts with a quote, because words and I share a passionate affair. I strongly believe that words have power.

Here is a quote from Margaret Thatcher that hung from my Freshman and Sophmore English teacher's podium that succinctly describes the source of my happy feelings. 

“Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.” - Margaret Thatcher

J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know your thoughts!