Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cake Batter Rice Krispies

Hi all, J here. Sorry I have been away for a week, I will try to be more diligent like my big sis and post more often. Today has been a relaxing Sunday, which was needed since I have been very productive and worked more than usual this weekend. On this relaxing Sunday, I splurged and bought myself a pair of classic black pumps from DSW because I worked 10 hours yesterday. They are one of the most comfortable pair of heels I have ever worn and I currently in love with them. I have started planning my teaching outfit for tomorrow around those shoes. Today I also ate a Shamrock Shake (Happy Saint Patrick's Day!), watched part of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 on ABC family, and did some unit planning for my Spanish IV/V class.

This past week has been Spring Break for my classmates but since I am student teaching, my Spring Break is in two weeks. Because the dining hall has been closed, this past week I have been on my own for dinner so I got a small experience of my apartment life next year with buying my own groceries. Let me tell you that I am thoroughly excited for next year and making all the delicious food I want. I went to two different grocery stores and some goodies including pesto, cheese ravioli, fancy cheese, beans, avocados, and tomatoes among other delectable treats. It has been such a pleasure choosing what I want to eat every night, and I am very excited to buy avocados to my heart's desire next year.

Speaking of food, I was in a bit of a baking mood this morning and in celebration of Saint Patrick's Day, I decided to make Cake Batter Rice Krispies. They were very simple to make, but a little bit of a variation of the normal treat. For those too lazy to click on the link, here are the directions:

Ingredients:


3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows (or 10 ounces of standard sized marshmallows)
2/3 heaping cup dry yellow or white cake mix
6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
1/3 cup (1.75 oz bottle) sprinkles

Directions:


Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In a very large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the marshmallow and melt while stirring constantly. Once the marshmallows are just about completely melted, remove from the heat and stir in the dry cake mix a few spoonfuls at a time to ensure it blends.

Mix in the Rice Krispies and combine until coated with the marshmallow. Shake in a few sprinkles at a time, and mix. Add a few more, mix again. Continue this process until the sprinkles are evenly distributed among the Rice Krispies and you use up about 3/4 of the sprinkles.

Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and gently press into the pan so the top layer is flat and even. Distribute the remaining sprinkles evenly over the top.
These are not the Rice Krispies I made, but mine looked very similar.


The recipe was very easy to make and yielded tasty results.

I think I would do some tweaking and maybe add more cake batter next time, but I think the result was positive overall. I mean anything that has Cake Batter in the title will more than likely be delicious. All of my friends are loving me as well because they are profiting from my baking whims.

That is it from here. Enjoy this lovely tune from the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfFlC05-nxk
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know your thoughts!