Saturday, May 4, 2013

Iron Man 3

Oh Tony.  You are such a good-looking specimen of a man.  Even if I didn't enjoy the Iron Man movies, I'd watch them just to see you.

I have seen Iron Man a couple times with Kyle and have attempted to see Iron Man 2 a couple times.  However, for Iron Man 2, I fell asleep during every time I tried to watch it.  That is not to reflect on the movie itself, I'm sure it was wonderful, I was just unable to stay awake.  I was tired at night or in the afternoon and was just so comfy on the couch curled up next to Kyle that I promply fell asleep.  This is, unfortunately, a common occurence with me. 

I found Iron Man 3 to have much more humor in it than the previous ones.  This was refreshing and helped me stay awake since Kyle and I saw it at the 10:00 showing the night it came out.  It also helped it be more of a light-hearted movie, despite the other themes in the movie.

Premise from IMDB

"When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution."

There were a few things in the movie that made me suspend my belief that this was something that could really, truly, happen.  I won't specify anything because it could spoil a few scenes for you if you knew about it in advance.

Gwyneth Paltrow played Pepper Potts as wonderfully as ever.  She has some dynamic moments in this movie and keeps it realistic, unlike Natalie Portman in Thor. 

Some of the minor characters had great moments also.  Jon Favreau and Don Cheadle specifically.

We saw it in 2D fortunately.  I'm not fond of 3D myself, so I'm glad there was an option for 2D. 

Great movie.  I was impressed.  It's not often that you get several movies in a series and they continue to be good.

Consensus:  4 out of 5 stars.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know your thoughts!