Monday, April 22, 2013

My New Favorite Thing.

I have never been someone who drinks coffee. The taste has always turned me off and I think everyone's addiction to it has made me turn up my nose as well. My passion has always been tea. With sugar or without, hot or cold, flavored or black, I find tea to be delicious. But I'll let you in on a secret, I'm starting to like coffee. Don't tell tea that I'm abandoning ship.

Granted, I still love tea. I think there is a great amount of comfort that can be derived from a cup of hot chai tea or a cup of peppermint tea. Tea is a comforting thing, and has brought me solace on many occasions.

Recently, I have been really busy, and coffee drinks have kept me going. My new coffee fascination could be the numerous Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Gloria Jean's, and other coffee places that are conveniently located on every corner. I mean I was going to have to like lattes cappuccinos, and frappuccinos eventually, right? I have not crossed completely to the dark side, however. I still need sugar or creamer (preferably a flavored creamer like Irish Creme or Mocha), but I will drink coffee and enjoy it whereas before that was unthinkable for me.

 (
Confession, right now I am drinking this...and I had one last night. Shameful., but delicious)

These fancy little coffee drinks just have a perfect amount of staying up power and are yummy. A girl can't ask for too much in life, and I am pretty content with my chilled coffee drinks. Plus, I am using my Munch Money, (fake money we are given from the school to spend at the cafe), so it's not like I'm really buying them, right? My new guilty pleasure is fake? At least that is what I keep on telling myself. We shall see how long I can remain delusional.

Abraham Lincoln concisely explains my predicament: "If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."

I hope you all are having a lovely day and enjoying whatever your favorite beverage is, be that coffee or tea.

--J

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of coffee either, but I also like iced cappuccino and other such drinks. Or coffee with Baileys. YUM! But I still like Chai best. Double YUM! - Lu

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let us know your thoughts!